17.7.08

When you go...


'...all i know is you're my favorite mistake.'

I've always wondered why, in life, it was the things that hurt me that enticed me the most. Ever since that first day, staring at the flickering candles on the kitchen table. They said it would hurt me if I played with fire, so I shouldn't even start. Too bad, guys. You just made me want to play even more. It was because you said I couldn't have it, that it would hurt if I even tried. I wanted to prove you wrong, that I would be the one that could play with fire and walk away...

Take that concept, and relate it to people. Relate it, specifically, to that one person. They're your candle, your bad addiction. Regardless of all that hurt they cause, the harm they do you to, you just keep coming back for more. As humans, our brains are trained to help us in terms of survival. When something bad happens to us, even once, and the action has bad repercussions, our brains store it. So the action isn't repeated. So the reaction is kept from happening.

...But we come back. Again and again, over and over. For what? For the same reason why we played with the fire. All the rest of the world says it is our very own forbidden fruit, the one thing in which we are simply not able to indulge. Heaven forbid you take away the one thing that, deep down, we want the most. Even with all the red warning flags, we still dare to take that dangerously icy plunge. Why?

Because we hope and pray that one day, we can prove that we are the ones fit to handle the fire.

<3

No comments: