6.6.08

Konichiwa, bitches...


"...from Beijing to Saigon."

Today was essentially a really good day. Shout out to mommy and daddy (it was their 15th wedding anniversary today). Yeah, they actually put up with each other for that long, haha...

It was hot today, and I mean 'if I had balls, they would for sure as hell be sticking to my leg' hot. Besides that, it was a nice chill day at home. For the first time in a long while, I actually took a mid-day nap. It was really nice, and daddy even put a pillow under my head when I fell asleep on the couch and everything...

So I was thinking about it today, and wondered what life would be like if I never came to America. What kind of person would I be if my mom and real dad never got divorced when I was little? What if, even if they did, my mom never decided to bring me over to live with her and my step-dad here in America? After my mom had brought me here when I was 4 years old, I was kind of mad at her for the longest time because she took me away from my dad. At the point and time, I never knew that my parents were divorced; they never thought it important to tell me. I mean, even when my mom picked me up from the airport, I thought that my step-dad was our driver (yeah, in the Philippines, I had a driver) . Then as time passed, I found out that I was so lucky to have the kind of step-dad that I did. Over the years, I kind of found out that my step-dad would be more of a dad to me than my real dad would ever be. Regardless of the fact that my real dad now lives only about a 45 minute drive away, he knows little to nothing about my life. From birthdays to boyfriends to break-ups, it was always my step-dad that was there for me. Frankly, he's the one that I can talk to about things like that. He's always given me advice when he thought it was needed, let me cry it out when he really wanted to kick some dude's ass instead, and let me take care of things on my own when he knew I could handle it. So I just have to wonder, who gets to walk me down the aisle when the time comes? Is it the guy who I share half my DNA with, or the guy that I owe most of my life to?...

I guess it all comes down to the fact that everything in my life happened for a reason, all the good stuff as well as the bad. Everything, even down to the little detail, made me the kind of person I am today. All the jerks that broke my heart, bitches that talked about me, friends that laughed with me, and hearts I fell in love with contributed to the way that I am now in some way. So as for wondering what kind of person I would be like if I didn't come to America; as much as it is a really deep question to ponder, I really would rather not like to think about it. I bet I would have turned out as a fine young woman regardless of where I ended up calling home, but I love how far I've come and the way I am now, thanks...

<3

1 comment:

micah.eq said...

it seems like everyone has a driver in the philippines :)

your stepdad seems like a great guy!