25.3.09

"Should I give up..."



"...or should I just keep chasing pavements, even if it leads nowhere?"

A quick late night shuffle session on my iTouch proved to be more insightful than I had originally planned...

"Why do we like to hurt so much?" - Paramore
I've said it once before, and I'll say it again: more often than not, we're more than willing to suffer the consequences of putting ourselves and our emotions on the line. Why? Simply put, every single person has a part of them that's obligingly masochistic. Everyone's been there at some point and time, or at the very least known someone who has. The question is, why bother putting up with all the nonsense in the first place? Well, because we hope that all the effort is worthwhile in the end, that our emotions didn't just run the gauntlet to come in second place. We want that storybook ending, regardless of what we have to go through to get it.

"Let's just take one minute to smile at the good times, one glance at you from when you were mine..." - Rob Blackledge
I remember when I was younger, being terribly bitter over break-ups. I'd be the typical emotional cripple for, at the very least, a couple of weeks. I'd empty out every drawer, closet, and locker of any reminder of the relationship, thinking it would help ease the pain that I was going through. It's taken me more than a couple years to realize that I truly needn't have gone through all the trouble. It's taken me several instances of broken hearts to realize that memories aren't things that can be erased by getting rid of tangible objects, or things that necessarily have to have a negative connotation to them. I'm at a point in my life where I'm nothing but happy about who I'm with and accepting of the decisions that I've made. I know now that hearts are meant to go through everything they do for a reason. Every moment in time spent caring for someone else is a moment that is meant to be cherished and remembered, not thrown away and forgotten.

Future installments to come...

<3

1 comment:

Best Fiction said...

You are far, far more accepting than I am. I am still quite angry and resentful...or maybe I need more time?